Sunday, August 1, 2010

Monthly Roundup - July '10

My sewing was at a total standstill for the first three weeks of this month.  I finally managed a burst of energy this last week and actually sewed a few simple things.  The tally for the month stands thusly:

1) Knitted Threefold Blessing Shawl for my Mom
2) No-sew purple tutu for Myra
3) BWOF 02/2009-124 dress for me
4) New Look 6816 top for me
5) New Look 6816 pants for me

The only new technique I used this month was to move some darts into the side seam, but I did use all stash fabrics!  Even if it was only 5 yards and some tulle scraps.

I'm busily at work on a dress for Myra with Simplicity 2907 and some adorable Elmo fabric.  If you have a toddler girl, don't show her this one, or an immediate trip to Hobby Lobby will be in order!
I am also making good progress on her Red Riding Hood cape.
I've made a personal goal to knit at least two rows each day.  It isn't much, but it adds up.  It's really fun to see progress being made.  I find knitting very restful.  The progress is glacial compared to sewing, but that makes it OK to just go slow and enjoy the process, which is not something that I always let myself do when I sew.  It is so nice to just sit on the couch or porch, listen to my kids play and knit.

I'm going to just go with the flow this month and sew whatever strikes my fancy.  There may be a good quantity of knitwear on the horizon!  We should have an ultrasound this month, so maybe I'll feel like some baby sewing.  We'll see...

5 comments:

Pam said...

You are so inspiring - I love the items you are knitting - knitting for some reason eludes me - I guess I need to take a class!

Well, I'm back and sewing but guess what - my first project is a wadder!!

Sam Rose said...

Glad to see you got your mojo back. Are you going to find out the sex of the baby or be surprised?

KID, MD said...

Thanks!
Pammie - So frustrating! It happens to us all...
Jess - I sometimes think a surprise would be fun, but I'm too much of a planner. Besides, I can read ultrasounds, so a surprise is pretty much impossible. :-)

Beangirl said...

You still managed to produce about four more things than I did. You are SO annoying like that. ;-)


Word Verification: "regalsem"... as in, when I write my ridiculous blog posts, I do at least regalsem with some funny stories.

Awesome. I am so totally using that word in conversation from now on.

amber said...

Even on your "light" months, you are still ridiculously productive. So impressive!